Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank

Go down 
+11
Louis Armstrong
The Nutcracker
Nathan Waz Here
Ryujin
Oblivion
Felkaranos
Reapy
Irish Thunder
Death
soluna
Red Blizzard
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Red Blizzard
Captain
Captain
Red Blizzard

Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:58 am

Close to midnight. A lone figure crouched behind the cover of a bush, eyes gleaming in the starlight as he surveyed the enemy encampment. To the leaders, sitting sound asleep in their tents, this was just another barrier that stood in their way. To the lone figure, this was just another annoyance to worry over. In the few days he had already spent with the clan, Darkest wasn’t getting what he was here for. Sure, they fed him and clothed him and equipped him and gave him a large, comfortable room all by himself to stay in, provided he did what he was ordered to do – kill people and guard friendly territory or scout out enemy territory, as he was doing now. But Darkest didn’t see the overarching purpose behind all this. It was as if he were part of an army with no agenda, whose sole reason to exist was to fight to maintain its existence, furthering a paradoxical loop with no end.

Darkest himself had an agenda: Stay alive, for one. The basic instincts he had developed on the streets of Tarr hadn’t left him in the few days he had spent in relative luxury. Save up money, for another. He had a tidy sum of money stashed away somewhere, and once he had enough to support himself, he could quietly disappear from this clan and spend the rest of his days stress-free in some remote town of his liking. And…

A flash before Darkest’s eyes. It was only a blur, but he was positive he saw it. A figure had stood outlined against the inky blue sky, facing him, arms outstretched. Then it was gone. That was another part of his agenda. Find out what was plaguing him. Ever since he had stepped inside Requiem castle, he had begun to see things that seemed familiar yet bizarre in equal measure. Bizarre. There was no other word to describe something he had never seen before that he instinctively knew he had known all his life. And his instincts were never wrong. Tonight, he could almost swear he had the name of that figure on the tip of his tongue. Yet while his gut told him that this was real, his brain had no recollection. Was he forgetting something?

“Are you forgetting something?”

Darkest spun around, growling, daggers flashing, legs tensed. Before him, less than ten feet away, was a figure, robed and hooded in black. He definitely didn’t recognize this apparition at all. Human? He hadn’t heard him coming. Either he was getting sloppy, or there had been no noises to hear to begin with. Ghost?

“No, I’m not a ghost.”

Darkest opened his mouth.

“And before you ask, no, I can’t read your mind either.”

Darkest closed his mouth.

“A funny thing, isn’t it? The human mind? People use it to think about how they think, when in reality all they’re doing is wasting time they could be spending thinking about other things. Have I confused you yet?”

No, he wasn’t confusing him, though he was making a lame attempt out of it. Darkest couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

“I’ll take that as a no. But even there, you were wasting time thinking about what I was thinking. Probably pondering the importance of my words.”

Darkest smirked.

“No? Perhaps you’re assuming I’m conceited. Yes, you are.”

Darkest finally spoke. “How about you stop monologuing and tell me what you’re here for?”

“Very well. But before I begin, have you considered the human mind? People always characterize it with personification and metaphors. People with special powers can ‘read’ the human mind. Say what’s on their minds. ‘Unlock’ memories…”

Darkest rolled his eyes again. Clearly this guy didn’t get the memo on monologuing. But before he could do anything, the air around him dropped by ten degrees. Suddenly shivering, he looked around. He didn’t have to look far. The hooded figure had finished his little speech rather abruptly, and was now suspended, ten feet in the air, a crescent blade sticking out of his chest. The figure was struggling to turn around to glare at the wielded of the crescent blade, arms tensed up, legs gently kicking. Then, everything went limp. The crescent blade lowered a few inches, then shot upwards at inhuman speeds, flinging the limp figure twenty feet into the air. At the top of the arc, Darkest could see the stars through the hole in his chest. Then, he came plummeting back down. The crescent blade swung in a blinding arc. Two separate halves of the figure flopped to the ground. One on each side of a new, hooded and robed figure. Black cloak billowing. Teardrops falling from an enormous black scythe.

“Imposter.” The figure nudged one of the old figure’s halves out of his way as he advanced on Darkest. For his part, Darkest remained rooted to the spot, though he was more stunned than actually frightened. The figure with the scythe drew level with Darkest, no more than two paces away. At this distance, Darkest could feel the goosebumps raising and his skin crawling. Every nerve in his body screamed at him to run, run, as fast as you an. But the raw speed and power of this figure didn’t say much for Darkest’s chances of survival if he did so. He remained standing where he as, waiting.

“You don’t talk very much. Good.”

Darkest spoke the first thing on his mind. “Who are you?”

Soft laughter. “Surely you don’t think I wear this hood and cloak for nothing? What is your name, first of all?”

“Darkest.”

“No, no. What is your real name? The one you were given at birth, not your shabby nickname.”

“I don’t have one.”

More soft laughter. “As I thought. You had a second-rate priest wipe your memories. Foolish, really, running from your past.”

Darkest wanted to say ‘what past?’ but if he had his memory wiped as this man said, then of course he wouldn’t remember his past. To make sure, Darkest tried to remember his childhood. Nothing came to mind. He couldn’t even name where he was two years ago. It was all a…

“You think before you speak. Very good.”

“What are you here for?” A flash. Behind the hooded figure, Darkest saw another one, arms outstretched. It was all a…

“Ah, the pressing question at hand. I better make this quick then, so you can go back to serving your clan. I am here to grant you one wish.”

A wish? What, this guy with a scythe was a genie? No point asking why, if this guy wanted to do it, that was his business. Probably would use magic to accomplish it. Magic was all the rage these days. But if that were the case, then these flashes…Arms out stretched…It was all a…

“Alright. But I have a couple questions first.”

“Go on.”

“I don’t suppose you could at least tell me who you are and what you have to do with me to begin with? You have to admit that it’s not easy to randomly accept wishes from someone who appears out of nowhere the night before a battle.”

The soft laughter came in like velvet. “I guess I’ll have to admit that. My name is” …

Darkest strained to hear, but he just barely missed it. Oh well. It was all a…

“and I offer you this opportunity because you are one of the few people I can truly help.”

“So you knew I was going to ask for my memories back to begin with.”

“I did suggest it. Though if you ask for money or eternal youth or anything else within reasonable limits, I might be able to grant them as well. Anyways, your other questions?”

“You talked so much about memories…you can restore them, right? With magic, I’m assuming?”

“I can.”

“Won’t I eventually get my memories back anyways, wish or no wish?”

Darkest could hear a sharp intake of breath. Flash. Arms outstretched.

“That’s a possibility. Though if you don’t want me to restore your memories at this moment…”

No, not arms outstretched. Figure turning, walking away. Flash. Gone. It was all a…

Desperate. “Fine. Restore my memories.”

The air got even colder. Darkest could almost swear the figure was smiling. What if he implanted the wrong memories? No, that wasn’t something magic could achieve over the long term. The imposter had said something along the lines. Have you considered the human mind? It wasn’t a metaphor or anything to be personified.

“Are you sure about this?”

Darkest looked around. His world was silent. No flashing figures. But if they continued to haunt him…It was so bizarre…But no, even that word couldn’t describe this situation any more. It was all a…

“Yes, I’m certain.”

It was all a blank.

Arms outstretched, smiles, fear, darkness. Flames. he didn’t feel cold any more. Darkest tried to look up with his last shred of sanity. The figure with the scythe was gone. Flash. He was two. He was eight, he was an eternity of an age in one lifespan. Birth in darkness, screams. Arms outstretched. Faceless figures, screams. Not cold, hot. Darker, darker. The other captain. Dancing flames. Blood pounding in head. The human mind is a metaphor. Outstretched darker screams, screams. Darker, darker, darkest. Your name is…

Darkest collapsed on the ground, doubled-over with pain. The blood pounded in his ears, his mind a blur as everything in his mind was suddenly unlocked, sloshing about forwards and backwards and upside down. He didn’t ask for this! No. Yes, yes, he did. The figure had done exactly what he wanted him to do. And that was the cruelest aspect.
Back to top Go down
soluna
Recruit
Recruit
soluna

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:07 pm

so whats the next chapter gana be about?
Back to top Go down
Red Blizzard
Captain
Captain
Red Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Soon. After I finish updating the existing ones XD
Back to top Go down
Death
Captain
Captain
Death

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 pm

I demand more Death :DDD
Back to top Go down
Irish Thunder
Knight
Knight
Irish Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:12 pm

I will wait
Back to top Go down
Reapy
Leader
Leader
Reapy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Death wrote:
I demand more Death and Reaper :DDDD
Back to top Go down
Irish Thunder
Knight
Knight
Irish Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Reaper wrote:
Death wrote:
I demand more Death and Reaper and Naruto :DDDD
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Felkaranos

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Naruto wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Death wrote:
I demand more Death and Reaper and Naruto and Santa Claus :DDDD
Back to top Go down
Reapy
Leader
Leader
Reapy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Felkaranos wrote:
Naruto wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Death wrote:
I demand more Death and Reaper and Naruto and Santa Claus and saint being molested by each and every single one of us in every bodily caivty:DDDD
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:43 pm

I want more fight scenes. This is getting far too deep for my shallow little mind. BLIV WANT KILLING!

Jeez, mindless slaughter not good enough for you?
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Felkaranos

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm

I want more chapters like chapter 29. That one was my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Reapy
Leader
Leader
Reapy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Hell, just pit each and every member against a team of Me, Dye, and Stait. Make it a battle royale for laughs. Just to watch the slaughter!
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank 3762520994
Back to top Go down
Irish Thunder
Knight
Knight
Irish Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Oblivion wrote:
I want more fight scenes. This is getting far too deep for my shallow little mind. BLIV WANT KILLING!

Jeez, mindless slaughter not good enough for you?

Sophistication please Master Blivion XD
Back to top Go down
Death
Captain
Captain
Death

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:52 pm

I have an interesting idea for the new arc after this, but that's for another day Wink
Back to top Go down
Irish Thunder
Knight
Knight
Irish Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:25 pm

An epic Naruto return arc?!?
Back to top Go down
soluna
Recruit
Recruit
soluna

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:44 pm

An epic demon hunter arc??
Back to top Go down
Death
Captain
Captain
Death

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Neither nor, my idea sort of ties in with recent events.
Back to top Go down
Ryujin
Soldier
Soldier
Ryujin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Uh oh... I have a feeling this will be about me ;o
Back to top Go down
Irish Thunder
Knight
Knight
Irish Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:18 pm

There should be a Naruto Return arc :/
Back to top Go down
Nathan Waz Here
Captain
Captain
Nathan Waz Here

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 pm

If Red wants it then you'll get it. Red is the designated story teller..
Back to top Go down
Ryujin
Soldier
Soldier
Ryujin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm

I have the feeling if there EVEN will be a new book, I'll not be in it :3
Back to top Go down
Nathan Waz Here
Captain
Captain
Nathan Waz Here

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Red's choice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Nutcracker
Soldier
Soldier
The Nutcracker

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 am

- strums guitar -
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Knight
Knight
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:33 am

Loki wrote:
I have the feeling if there EVEN will be a new book, I'll not be in it :3

Dont worry. He likes to include everyone. He'll find some way to fit you in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank   Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 30: Fill In The Blank
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next